In the Bitcoin Lightning network, the Lightning node needs a way to communicate with the underlying blockchain in order to send chain payments, create channel open / close transactions, and monitor events. on the blockchain. You can use it for:
- Creation of channels.
- Closing of the channels.
- Fully manage all channel conditions (including exceptional ones!).
- Maintain a fully authenticated + validated channel graph.
- Path search in the network, passive transfer of incoming payments.
- Send outgoing payments encrypted by onions via the network.
- Updated fee schedules announced.
- Automatic channel management (autopilot).