Introducing – Payment Requests, a new type of time-sensitive invoice pages built into BTCPay that allow you to get paid in cryptocurrency just by sharing a simple URL.
- Seller creates an invoice, adds expiration date, customizes it and shares as a regular link.
- Buyer can pay invoice whenever preferred. The exchange rates update accordingly.
- Buyer can pay right away or later, on-chain or via the Lightning Network. The invoice can even be paid partially with LN and partially on-chain, or even with multiple coins.
- The exchange rate is determined when buyer tries to pay the invoice.
- Buyer can print the paid invoice.
- Seller can export all the relevant data as CSV later and send it to accountant.
- Since they’re using BTCPay, money goes directly from one wallet to another, no custodians, no fees.
How it works?
- Create a payment request (enter the amount, the expiration time, and description)
- Customize the design (optional)
- Share the URL.
We’ve added lots of flexibility, so you can use custom CSS, or add a ready-made BootStrap theme.
You can save the invoice for later and preview it, or publish it right away and send it to your customers.
- Set the expiration time
- Printer-friendly mode
- Customizable design (css/theme)
- Custom or fixed amount
We plan to further develop and improve the payment requests based on your feedback.
Short term improvements we plan to implement are:
- One-Time or Recurring requests (subscriptions)
- Send a request automatically via an e-mail (SMTP integration)
Try it out
Excited? Here’s how you can create a payment request quickly:
- Register on our demo server (you can self-host BTCPay or use a third-party host)
- Create a store and connect your wallet (no private keys required).
- Payment Requests > Create.
We’re very proud of this feature. In order to improve it further, we need more people to use it. Give it a try, and share your invoices and experiences with us on Twitter.