This guide covers the SD card flashing process for control board program recovery for 17 Series, Z11, Z15, S9K, and S9 SE miners. This method is applicable when the miner powers off during upgrade, cannot start or find an IP address, or only uses the default factory workers. Learn about the required tools, software download links, and detailed instructions for successful recovery.
- MicroSD card (recommended capacity below 16GB)
- Computer with Windows XP or later
- Card reader
Software Download Link
SD Card Flashing Instructions
- Insert the MicroSD card into the computer and format it to FAT32.
- Unzip the downloaded firmware and copy its contents to the MicroSD card.
- Remove the MicroSD card from the computer and insert it into the control board’s card slot.
- Power on the control board and wait for 30 seconds. The green indicator light should be steady when the files load successfully.
- Remove the MicroSD card and restart the miner within 30 seconds. Do not power off during the restart process.
- Access the miner interface and upgrade to the latest official firmware.
Troubleshooting Flashing Failure
- Reformat the MicroSD card and confirm the correct firmware is copied.
- Press the MicroSD card gently to ensure proper attachment.
- Clean and dust the MicroSD card.
- Try a different known good MicroSD card.
By following this comprehensive guide, you can successfully recover the control board program for 17 Series, Z11, Z15, S9K, and S9 SE miners using SD card flashing. Ensure you have the necessary tools and follow the step-by-step instructions to achieve a successful recovery.