This tutorial provides a step-by-step guide on how to create a TF card for flashing firmware onto an L7 miner.
You will need the following:
- Hardware: A computer running the Windows operating system, a TF Card Reader, and a TF Card.
- Software: A tool to unzip files (WINRAR is recommended) and the L7 Flash Firmware.
TF Card Creation
To create a TF card:
- Download and unzip the firmware file. To do this, right-click on the firmware file and select ‘Extract files’.
- After the files have been extracted, a new folder will appear in the same location with the same name as the files. You can now use these extracted files.
- Insert the memory card into the card reader, then insert the card reader into the computer’s USB port.
- The computer will prompt you when a new device has been detected. Take note of the drive location of the TF card (for example, E drive).
- Reformat the SD card to the FAT32 format. Right-click on the TF card drive (E Drive in our example) and select ‘Format’.
- In the pop-up dialog box that appears, select FAT32 from the ‘File system’ drop-down menu and then click ‘Start’.
- A warning dialog will appear, alerting you that all data will be erased during the formatting process. If there are any important files on the TF card, ensure you back them up before proceeding. Otherwise, click ‘OK’.
- Wait for the formatting process to complete.
- After formatting, open the extracted firmware files, select all the files, and copy them.
- Paste the copied files into the root directory of the TF card.
- Check that the contents of the TF card match the firmware files that you copied earlier.
- If there are no errors, you’ve successfully created the TF card. You can now remove it from the computer.
Flash Firmware to Miner
To flash the firmware onto your L7 miner:
- Power off the miner and insert the newly created TF card.
- Power on the miner. Upon startup, the LED status lights should follow this pattern: both lights on for about 5 seconds, then both lights off for about 10 seconds, and finally, only the green light remains on.
- Once the green light stays on, the firmware flashing process is complete. You can now power off the machine and remove the TF card.
- Power on the control board again, restart the machine, and log in to the miner’s control panel to verify that the firmware version matches the version on the TF card.
This concludes the process of flashing firmware to your L7 miner using a TF card. If you encounter any issues, please consult your product’s customer service for further assistance.