This guide outlines how to restore the program of the L3, L3+, and L3++ miners using an SD card.
This recovery method applies to the following situations:
- The miner powers off during the upgrade process.
- The miner cannot start (i.e., cannot find an IP).
- The miner can only use default factory workers.
To follow this process, you’ll need the following:
- A computer running the Windows XP system or later
- A card reader
- A 16G or TF (Micro SD) memory card with less storage
- Download the Firmware: Visit https://service.bitmain.com/support/download. Find your miner on the left sidebar and click to access the firmware file.
- Download and Extract the Installer Program: Again, visit https://service.bitmain.com/support/download and download the installer program. After downloading, unzip it.
- Format the Micro SD Card: Insert the Micro SD card into the card reader and connect it to your computer. Ensure that the Micro SD card is formatted to FAT32.
- Copy the File to the Micro SD Card: Take the extracted file and copy it to the Micro SD card.
- Insert the Micro SD Card into the Control Board: Now, put the Micro SD card into the control board of the miner.
- Power on the Miner: Switch on the miner.
- Remove the Micro SD Card: Once the miner has obtained its IP address, you can remove the Micro SD card.
- Update the Firmware: Follow the guide available at https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013786654-How-to-reload-or-upgrade-firmware.
Note: Copy the file in the following picture and paste it into the root directory of the TF card, not in any of the TF card’s folders!
By following these steps, you should be able to effectively recover your L3, L3+, or L3++ miner’s control board program. However, if you still encounter any issues, please don’t hesitate to contact us for further assistance.