This guide will help you to recover a miner that’s been infected with a virus using a Serial Port. This process is ideal for miners in the 15 and 17 series that cannot be disinfected by batch tools.
I. Supported Models
- S17 pro, S17, T17
- S15, T15
II. Brief Introduction to Functions
This process is suitable for miners that can’t be disinfected by batch tools for series 15 and 17 miners.
- Program the SD card with the new firmware.
- Serial port cable (connect tx to tx, rx to rx, and gnd to gnd)
- Decompress the “SD card recovery image.rar”, format the SD card to FAT32 and copy it in (the same steps as preparing the SD card recovery file).
- Download the SD card recovery file (for S17, S17PRO, and T17, use T17).
IV. Operation Steps
- Connect the serial port cable and insert the SD card. Then, open the serial port interactive software on your computer.
- Power on and start the miner.
- Watch the serial port log. If you see a countdown of “Hit any key to stop autoboot: *”, press Enter to start the recovery process.
- Input the command and press Enter.
- Start the SD card recovery process and wait for it to complete. During this time, the control panel indicator should flash alternately.
- Once the process is completed, unplug the SD card and power on the miner again.
- After powering on, upgrade to the latest firmware on the official website. Do not retain the firmware version of the configuration upgrade.
- Modify the default login password.