There are three versions of firmware for the S9, S9I, and S9J models available on our website. Using the S9 auto-frequency firmware as an example:
- ANTMINER-S9-all-201711171757-autofreq-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar.gz: This is the original normal firmware.
- ANTMINER-S9-LPM-20181102.tar.gz: This is the Low Power Mode (LPM) firmware that lowers power consumption but maintains the hash rate.
- ANTMINER-S9-all-201812051512-autofreq-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar.gz: This is another LPM firmware that lowers both the hash rate and power consumption.
Normal Mode, Low Power Mode, and Low Power Enhanced Mode
Upon upgrading to the third firmware, the miner configuration page will show two setup options:
- Normal Mode: Neither box is checked.
- Low Power Mode: Only the first box is checked.
- Low Power Enhanced Mode: Only the second box is checked or both boxes are checked.
Using the ANTMINER 13.5T as an example, here are the statistics for each mode:
- Under Normal Mode, the average hash rate is 14.18T and the power consumption is 1459W.
- Under Low Power Mode, the average hash rate is 13.88T and the power consumption is 1258W.
- Under Low Power Enhanced Mode, the average hash rate is 9.87T and the power consumption is 914W.
Mode Summary Table:
|Low Power Mode||13.88T||1258W|
|Low Power Enhanced Mode||9.87T||914W|
Please note, these statistics are only for reference and are valid for this specific miner; consumption is affected by variable factors.
How do I choose a mining mode?
Choose wisely based on your own calculations, as the objective is to maximize ROI (Return on Investment).
Note: If the miner appears to be running unstable or the hash rate drops, turn off LPM or flash back to the original firmware.
If you are still unclear about the differences, feel free to contact us for further technical support.