Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to disassemble the control board from your Antminer S17 or S17Pro:
- Power down the Antminer: Always ensure that the miner is powered down and unplugged before you start. This is important for your safety and to prevent any potential damage to the Antminer.
- Remove the top case of the miner: The top case is usually secured with screws. After unscrewing, carefully remove the top case to expose the internal components of the miner.
- Identify the control board: The control board is typically located at the front of the miner. It is the part that has an Ethernet port and status lights.
- Disconnect the cables: Before you can remove the control board, you need to disconnect all the cables connected to it. This usually includes the data cables that connect the control board to the hash boards and the fan cables. Be careful not to pull on the cables themselves, always grip from the connector.
- Remove the control board: After disconnecting all the cables, you can remove the control board. It is typically secured with screws, so you’ll need to unscrew these first. Once the screws are out, carefully lift the control board out of the miner.
Remember to keep track of all the screws and where each cable was connected. This will make it easier when you need to reassemble the miner. Always handle the control board and other components with care to avoid damaging them. If you’re not comfortable with this process, consider seeking professional help.