Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to disassemble the control board from your Antminer S15 or T15:
- Power down the Antminer: Before you start, ensure that the miner is powered down and unplugged. This is essential for your safety and to prevent any potential damage to the Antminer.
- Remove the top case of the miner: The top case is typically secured with screws. Unscrew these screws and carefully lift off the top case to expose the internal components of the miner.
- Locate the control board: The control board is usually positioned at the front of the miner, near the fans. It is the part that has an Ethernet port and status lights.
- Disconnect the cables: Before you can remove the control board, you need to disconnect all the cables connected to it. These may include data cables that connect the control board to the hash boards, power cables, and fan cables. Be cautious while disconnecting the cables, and grip them by the connector rather than pulling on the cables themselves.
- Remove the control board: Once all the cables are disconnected, you can proceed to remove the control board. It is typically secured with screws, so carefully unscrew these and lift the control board out of the miner.
Make sure to keep track of the screws and remember their positions. This will make reassembly easier. Handle the control board and other components with care to avoid any damage. If you’re uncertain or uncomfortable with the disassembly process, it’s recommended to seek assistance from a professional.