Problem: When you try to power on the mining machine, the miner doesn’t respond, the machine’s fan does not spin, network port lights and indicators do not illuminate, and the control panel doesn’t light up.
- Firstly, confirm whether there is a loose connection in the entire line. (Re-insert all the plugs and ensure they are tightly inserted). If the issue persists, proceed with the following steps.
- Test the power socket with a multimeter. If there is no voltage, ask an electrician to check the circuit and air switch (if a multimeter is not available, you can use a socket known to be working).
- If the voltage at the socket is normal, measure the output end of the power cord. If there is no voltage, replace the power cord.
- If the output voltage of the power cord is normal, disconnect the power output (all 12V lines), turn on the power supply, and check if the power supply fan rotates.
- If the power supply fan does not rotate, replace the power supply.
- If the fan rotates, test the 12V DC output, if there is no 12V output, replace the power supply.
- If there is 12V output, first disconnect the power supply, then connect the 12V line of the control board (do not connect the computing board), and power on the power supply. If the miner’s fan and the control board light still do not respond, the control board is faulty.
- If the fan and control board lights are on, disconnect the power supply, then connect all the 12V cables of the computing board, and power on again. If the miner still doesn’t respond, it suggests a short-circuit in the computing board of the mining machine, and the miner should be repaired.
8.1 If the miner can run normally, but the issue recurs after a certain period, it may be due to insufficient power load or high-temperature protection.
8.2 Verify if the power supply meets the requirements of the miner. The power supply should have a certain margin. Typically, the output power of the power supply should be 20% higher than the miner’s rated power. If the miner’s power is insufficient, replace it with a higher power supply.
- The investigation is complete.