There are two methods to upgrade the firmware on your AvalonMiner: using the FMS batch management system or upgrading the firmware on a single machine. Below, you’ll find step-by-step instructions for both methods.
Method 1: Upgrading Firmware using FMS Batch Management
- Download the firmware from Canaan’s support page: https://support.canaan.io/
- Launch the FMS application.
- Choose the miner(s) you want to upgrade and click “Upgrade” on the main page.
- Locate and select the downloaded firmware file.
- Click “Open” to begin the updating process.
- Once complete, a notification will appear confirming a successful upgrade. If unsuccessful, the IP addresses of the un-upgraded machines will be displayed.
Method 2: Upgrading Firmware for a Single AvalonMiner
- Type the IP address of the miner into your web browser.
- Log in with the username and password, both set to “root.”
- Access the miner’s web interface by clicking “Upgrade.”
- Click the white box to browse and select the downloaded firmware file.
- Click “Upload” to start the upgrade process.
(New backend system)
- Log in to the backend system as detailed above.
- Click “Upgrade” to access the upgrade page.
- Click “Browse” to find the firmware file and click “Upload” to commence upgrading.
Upgrading your AvalonMiner firmware is a simple process that ensures optimal performance and security for your Bitcoin mining activities. If you have any questions or concerns during the upgrade process, please don’t hesitate to contact your D-Central support team.