IMPORTANT: Please refrain from attempting to upgrade unauthorized firmwares from third parties, as this can result in miner malfunction and void your warranty immediately.
1. What is the security firmware?
The security firmware was specifically developed to protect ANTMINER users’ interests. This firmware maintains all the features of the previous version, while also disabling SSH access to effectively prevent illegal hacking attempts, block channels for virus transmission and remote attacks, and ensure the safety of your mining operations.
2. How can I distinguish the security firmware?
You can identify the security firmware in the following ways:
- The security features are documented in the description on the firmware download page.
- The security firmware file name ends with ‘sig’.
- SSH access is disabled upon reloading the security firmware.
3. What are the functions of the security firmware?
The security firmware features firmware signatures and has SSH access disabled, making it different from regular firmware as you cannot use SSH connection.
4. Has SSH connection been disabled?
Yes, SSH connection is disabled by the security firmware.
5. What does it mean if the miner backstage shows “System Upgrade Failed – Cannot Find Signature!!!”?
This indicates that the firmware you are attempting to upgrade is not a security firmware.
6. Can I upgrade back to a previous version after reloading the security firmware?
No, you can’t. We always recommend upgrading to the latest official firmware from Bitmain’s website as it includes all the most recent features.
7. What ANTMINER models have the security firmware?
We are constantly updating the security firmware for more models. Please stay updated via our official website: https://service.bitmain.com.cn/support/download
So far, we have listed security firmwares for ANTMINER S17, T17, S17Pro, S15, T15, S9, S9I, S9J, L3+, DR5, and Z11.
If you have additional questions, please contact us for further assistance.