Cryptocurrency mining can be lucrative, but it requires specialized equipment such as Bitmain Antminer S19 ASICs. Like any technology, mining hardware can experience issues impacting performance and profitability. One common issue miners may encounter the “lacks chips” error, indicating that the system does not detect one or more ASIC chips. This error can be frustrating and can cause your mining operations to come to a halt. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix this issue. In this troubleshooting guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to identify and resolve the “lacks chips” error on your Bitmain Antminer S19 ASICs, including checking the error message, inspecting the ASIC chips, reseating the chips, swapping chips, checking the power supply, updating firmware, and contacting support. Following these steps, you can get your miners back up and running and maximize your mining profits.
Spam failure issue explained
Bitmain Antminer S19 ASICs commonly experience spam failure when the miner fails to properly communicate with the hash boards, causing them to stop working and reducing the device’s mining performance and efficiency. To determine if your device is experiencing spam failure, view the kernel log on the miner’s web interface and look for messages like “spam failure” or “get power type version failed.”
In addition to spam failure, other issues can affect the Bitmain Antminer S19 ASICs, such as wrong input voltage, fan issues, and chip issues. The incorrect input voltage that is too high or too low can cause damage or malfunction to the miner, and the required input voltage for Bitmain Antminer S19 Pro 110TH/s is 220V. Fan issues, such as loose or damaged connectors or faulty fans, can affect the cooling system, leading to overheating and instability. To check the fan status, you can use the miner’s web interface or replace the fan with a good one to test it.
Finally, chip issues, such as abnormal voltage or signal in the BM1398 ASIC chip, can cause spam failure. To check the chip’s RI and CO signal voltages, use the miner’s web interface or replace the chip with a new one to test it.
Troubleshooting Steps to fix “spam failure” on Bitmain Antminer S19 ASICs
- Check the error message on your miner’s interface or logs. The “lacks chips” error can occur when the system does not detect one or more ASIC chips.
- Open your miner and inspect the ASIC chips. Look for any missing, damaged, or loose chips. Check the chip’s pins, ensure they are correctly aligned, and make contact with the socket.
- If any chips are loose or not making proper contact with the socket, try reseating them. Gently remove the chips from their sockets, clean the contacts, and reinsert them firmly. Ensure the chips are inserted in the correct orientation and the pins are aligned.
- If the issue persists, try swapping chips from one location to another. This will help you determine whether the chips or the socket is the problem. Swap the chip from the faulty location with a working one and see if the issue follows the chip or stays with the socket.
- The power supply can also be a potential cause of the “lacks chips” error. Ensure the power supply unit (PSU) is providing enough power to the miner and functioning correctly. Check the PSU’s cables, connectors, and voltage output. Make sure the PSU is compatible with your miner’s power requirements.
- Ensure your firmware is up-to-date. Bitmain regularly releases firmware updates that address bugs and improve performance. Check for any available updates and install them if necessary.
- Consider trying Braiins OS+ as a custom firmware for your Antminer S19 ASICs. Braiins OS+ aims to improve efficiency and stability while reducing power consumption. It also includes features such as automatic fan control and overclocking protection. However, using third-party firmware can void your warranty and may not be compatible with your specific miner or mining pool. It’s recommended to thoroughly research and understand the risks before using third-party firmware on your miner.
Prevent “spam failure” on your S19 in the future
Here are some preventive measures or tips you can follow to avoid spam failure on your Bitcoin mining ASIC:
- Check your power supply regularly: Ensure the input voltage is stable and within the required range for your device. You can use a voltage stabilizer or surge protector to protect your device from power fluctuations.
- Update your firmware frequently: Make sure you have the latest firmware version for your device. Updating your firmware can fix some bugs and improve the performance and stability of your device. You can download the firmware from Bitmain’s official website or use Bitmain Antivirus Software to update it automatically.
- Monitor your network connection quality: Ensure you have a stable and fast internet connection for your device. A poor network connection can cause communication errors or delays between your device and the pool server. You can use a network monitor tool or check the miner status on the web interface to monitor your network connection quality.
Following these tips can help prevent future spam failures on your Bitcoin mining ASIC.
Maximize Your Mining Profits with D-Central’s Professional ASIC Repairs
We hope this troubleshooting guide has helped resolve the “lacks chips” error on your Bitmain Antminer S19 ASICs. Following these steps, you can identify and fix issues with your ASIC chips, power supply, firmware, and more. If you are still experiencing problems after trying these solutions, it’s time to contact Bitmain support for further assistance or consider bringing your faulty device to a professional ASIC repair service.
At D-Central, we specialize in fast and professional ASIC repairs for various mining equipment, including Bitmain Antminer S19 ASICs. Our experienced technicians have the skills and expertise to diagnose and fix various issues, from “lacks chips” errors to power supply problems. If you’re experiencing issues with your mining equipment, don’t hesitate to contact us for a free diagnosis and estimate. Our goal is to get your miners back up and running as quickly as possible so you can maximize your mining profits. Contact us today to learn more.