Bitmain Antminer S17 ASICs are popular mining machines used by cryptocurrency miners around the world. However, like any electronic device, they can encounter issues and malfunctions that can affect their performance. One such issue is the “Chain lacks chips” problem, which can cause the miner to stop working altogether. This troubleshooting guide is designed to help users identify and fix the “Chain lacks chips” problem on their Antminer S17 ASICs. By following the steps outlined in this guide, users can diagnose and resolve the issue, allowing them to get back to mining cryptocurrencies with their Antminer S17s.
Troubleshooting Steps to fix “Chain lacks chips” on Bitmain Antminer S17 ASICs
- Check the kernel log for any error messages related to the ASIC chips or hashboards. Look for messages such as “check_asic_number_with_power_on”, “killall_hashboard: power off hashboard” or “find 16 asic, times 0”.
- Ensure that the power supply is functioning properly and provides enough power to the miner. You can check the power output of the power supply using a multimeter.
- Check all IO cables and connections to ensure that they are properly connected and that there are no loose or damaged cables.
- If the above steps do not resolve the issue, the problem is most likely a faulty ASIC chip or hashboard, and you will need to perform hashboard level repairs.
- Begin by shutting down the Antminer S17 device. Make sure to disconnect it from the power source and all other connected components before you begin.
- Once the device is powered off, open up the casing of the Antminer S17. This should be done carefully so as not to cause any damage to the components inside.
- Inspect the chip circuits and identify which ones have problems with the chain’s lack of chips.
- Disconnect the problematic hashboards from their respective connectors and remove them from the casing.
- Using a multimeter, check the voltage and resistance of the five signals (CLK-CO-RI-BO-RST) of the No.16 and No.17 chips, and compare them with the resistance value of the normal chip. This will help identify the specific faulty chip that needs to be replaced with the faulty BM1397 ASIC chip.
- Replace the faulty components with new ones and securely reconnect them to their respective connectors.
- Once the replacement is done, close up the casing of the Antminer S17 and power it back on.
- Wait for it to boot up fully before attempting to use it or configure settings as normal.
- If the chain’s chips problem has been fixed, you can use your Antminer S17. However, if it persists, you may want to contact a professional technician who can identify and resolve any underlying issues with the device.
Get Back to Mining: Professional Repair Services for Antminer S17 ASICs
In conclusion, the “Chain lacks chips” issue can be a frustrating problem for Antminer S17 ASICs owners to deal with, but following the steps outlined in this troubleshooting guide can help you resolve it. By carefully examining the kernel logs, checking the power supply and IO cables, and performing hashboard level repairs, you can get your mining machine back up and running as soon as possible. However, if you have followed all the steps in this guide and still require assistance, it is recommended that you seek the help of a professional technician. D-Central offers fast and reliable ASIC repair services to help you get back to mining with your Antminer S17s. Contact D-Central for professional assistance with repairing your mining machine.